What to do when you need to camwhore with a LX3?

Posted by YY on Saturday, January 9, 2010

Modding "whatever" has always been one of my favourite past times. Since my main purpose for getting a new compact camera is my upcoming Japan trip..what shall we do when we needa take pictures of ourselves having fun together? Else it will be like, "I went to Japan alone" single person photos again ~_~

So, the mod I have in mind came from this accessory I saw in Sim Lim Square. A pole which extends so that you can mount your camera on it and extend the legs, so that you can take yourself.

My mod is to allow 2 person travellers to camwhore with more control.
On this very lucky day, I passed by a SuperValue shop in Causeway Point and felt there maybe something useful inside for my LX3 mods. Went in and spottedt this battery operated bicycle lamp with a plastic attachment(to be attached to the bicycle itself).

The entire package is S$1.50, however we only need the plastic attachment in this mod.


The plastic attachment as shown above.


The uppermost portion is flexible and that's IMPORTANT!



When dissassembled, view A.


When dissassembled, view B.


The ring is large enough to pass through my tripod legs, so just screw the attachment on and tighten the screw *not the nut*



Side view. The flexible part is for mounting the mirror.



The other 2 tripod legs are for you to hold/extend and the mirror is stuck on using double sided tape first cos you will need to check if the size and angle is correct, which means whether your mirror will be blocked by your camera. Pocket size mirror from accessories shop, S$1.00.


With the LX3 mounted on.


Side View.

[Total cost of mod]
Mirror - $1
Plastic Attachment - $1.50

[Requirements]
Tripod (mine is from Mustafa) - $9.90

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)